Bank transfer - money not available

evilmf

Hi,

Some money was transferred to my account yesterday. I don't trust the person who made the transfer (a week ago he gave me a cheque for the same amount of money that was unpaid).

Now, the funds are still not available to me -- I can see the transaction but I can't use the money.

I rang the bank this morning and they said that it is actually a cheque, not a bank transfer, and funds will be cleared tomorrow. However when I look at the transaction on the online banking system it is different from when a cheque is lodged to my account -- it is actually similar to a bank transfer and I can see the last name of the person who made the transfer in the transaction description. The person who made the transfer said he did it from his own bank branch (we share the same bank, different branches).

I am very worried that the money will be taken out from my account tomorrow -- is that possible at all? Is it possible to lodge a cheque in my account and, in that case, why it is not classified as a "lodgement" from the bank?

Normally when lodging a cheque I can see a description like "LODGMENT XXXXXX", in this case I only see the last name of the person.

Thanks!

Back