Bank statements cost

sloggi

I'm not sure if this in the right place but I am shocked!!

requested 6 months current account statements as required to proceed with my mortgage application. Had to get my loan statement as well. they charged me €7.50!!! fair enough, should be keeping them together anyway, but thought that was a shocking amount to charge!!! does this sound normal??

€7.50 per statement or in total? If in total, that sounds cheap to me.
There's been another post about the cost of replacement statements - based on that and my own experiences, you got a bargain! Of course whether or not you should have to pay for them at all is a matter of opinion...

good god...consider my hand dutifully slapped and grateful that it wasn't more!! thing was though, i have received the statements and while the loan one is fine, the current a/c one dont go further back than march '06!!! think i'll dig deep into the "junk" drawer (not so any more) and see what i come up with!!!

actually just had a look at the charge on online facility..€7.50 for 4 pages of statement, obviously didn't get the right one yet. Such good value for money

You should sign up for online banking and get all the statements you want for free.

One problem with that is that various parties will not accept anything other than original statements as genuine. They will not accept printouts of online statements since they could obviously be more easily forged than genuine bank statements. Obviously the solution is to retain the original statements sent out as a matter of course. Or else just accept the charges that are levied (and clearly stated in your bank's schedule of charges available to all customers) when you need duplicates. If you consider these charges too high then switch to another more competitive bank.