Bank of Scotland Ireland Credit Card

clipper1981

They are offering 9.5% apr and 0% for six months on purchases along with 0% on balance transfers. Seems like a good offer. Anyone have any more info?

Seem like a good offer, but as always, check the terms and conditions (when they are available) for any additional charges over and above existing offers. Be careful about taking advantage of 0% offers, as these still require discipline to clear in time (i.e. to avoid interest on the total amount from the word go).

Ok this might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway! If I transfer my current credit card balance I wont get charged interest on it for 6 months, right? That is of course providing I dont make any cash withdrawls on the card

If there is a 0% rate applied to balance transfers and purchases for 6 months then you will pay no interest on the balance transferred or any purchases made in the 6 month period.

Failure to clear the balanced transfer and bills racked up by the end of the 6 month period could lead to a hefty interest charge at the end of the period, so exercise caution if transferring a large balance and undertaking a significant number of transactions within the first 6 months.

cheers CCOVICH! The balance I'm transferring is not huge and I aim to get it paid off in a few months, dont like giving them money! Anyway I signed up to them I'll see how it goes

CCOVICH said:
Seem like a good offer, but as always, check the terms and conditions (when they are available) for any additional charges over and above existing offers. ....

Here you go

[broken link removed]

A very quick glance reveals the following:

9.5% APR after 6 months (11.2% for cash advances, taking account of cash withdrawl fees)

Zero % on both purchases & balance transfers for the first 6 months

Full terms & conditons here:

[broken link removed]

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

what's the situation with BOS now, still the same as above??

Polly, BOSI now trade in Ireland as Halifax, and if you do a search you'll find plenty of information on this site about them.

Or look at

one of the sundays papers says the best deals around at the moment are ulster bank cc for 9 months then change over to halifax for a futher 6 months = 15 months interest free. probably beneficial to people who don't clear off their cards each month.