Bank of Scotland Ireland Credit Card

clipper1981

They are offering 9.5% apr and 0% for six months on purchases along with 0% on balance transfers. Seems like a good offer. Anyone have any more info?

Seem like a good offer, but as always, check the terms and conditions (when they are available) for any additional charges over and above existing offers. Be careful about taking advantage of 0% offers, as these still require discipline to clear in time (i.e. to avoid interest on the total amount from the word go).

Ok this might be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway! If I transfer my current credit card balance I wont get charged interest on it for 6 months, right? That is of course providing I dont make any cash withdrawls on the card

If there is a 0% rate applied to balance transfers and purchases for 6 months then you will pay no interest on the balance transferred or any purchases made in the 6 month period.

Failure to clear the balanced transfer and bills racked up by the end of the 6 month period could lead to a hefty interest charge at the end of the period, so exercise caution if transferring a large balance and undertaking a significant number of transactions within the first 6 months.

cheers CCOVICH! The balance I'm transferring is not huge and I aim to get it paid off in a few months, dont like giving them money! Anyway I signed up to them I'll see how it goes

CCOVICH said:
Seem like a good offer, but as always, check the terms and conditions (when they are available) for any additional charges over and above existing offers. ....

Here you go :)

[broken link removed]

A very quick glance reveals the following:

9.5% APR after 6 months (11.2% for cash advances, taking account of cash withdrawl fees)

Zero % on both purchases & balance transfers for the first 6 months

1.9 We will send you a monthly statement, unless there have been no payments into or out of the account during that period and the balance is less than €2. Each month, you must repay at least 3% of the amount you owe us, or €10, whichever is more. If the amount you owe is less than €10, you must pay the full amount. Your statement will show the minimum you must pay and the Payment Date.

2.1 We will not charge interest on Purchases shown on your current statement for up to 56 days from the date of the Purchase, if you pay the total balance shown on that statement by the Payment Date (and have also paid the total balance on the previous statement by the Payment Date). Where we do charge interest on Purchases, we charge it from the date of the Transaction. We will always charge you interest on Cash Advances from the date of the Transaction and for Balance Transfers and all other amounts from the date we first charge the amount to your account.
2.2 If you do not pay the total balance shown on your statement by the Payment Date, then the interest free period set out in condition 2.1 will be deemed to have been waived. In such an event, we will add the interest we have charged on the unpaid amount to the balance we charge interest on, at the date of the next statement.
2.1 We will not charge interest on Purchases shown on your current statement for up to 56 days from the date of the Purchase, if you pay the total balance shown on that statement by the Payment Date (and have also paid the total balance on the previous statement by the Payment Date). Where we do charge interest on Purchases, we charge it from the date of the Transaction. We will always charge you interest on Cash Advances from the date of the Transaction and for Balance Transfers and all other amounts from the date we first charge the amount to your account.
2.2 If you do not pay the total balance shown on your statement by the Payment Date, then the interest free period set out in condition 2.1 will be deemed to have been waived. In such an event, we will add the interest we have charged on the unpaid amount to the balance we charge interest on, at the date of the next statement.

3.1 We will charge:
(a) €7 each time you do not make a minimum payment by the Payment Date;
(b) €7 if your account balance is over your credit limit on a statement date;
(c) €7 each time a direct debit or other item is not paid.
3.2 We will charge handling fees for Cash Advances and a fee for Transactions in a currency other than Euro, all of which are shown in condition 4.

4.1 We make a handling charge of 1.5% (at least €1.90) for Cash Advances. We may also limit the amount (a) you can take out as a Cash Advance; or (b) you can make as a Balance Transfer, to a percentage of your overall credit limit. Any changes to these limits will be notified to you at least 10 days before the change takes effect.
4.2 If you make a Transaction in a currency other than Euro, we will change the amount to Euro at the exchange rate used by the Payment System. We will charge 1.75% of the value of each foreign-currency Transaction. The Euro amount shown on your statement will include this charge. If the transaction is a Cash Advance we also charge the Cash Advance handling charge shown above.
4.3 We may change any of the charges listed in condition 3.1 or this condition 4 and introduce new charges at any time by giving you notice under condition 9.

Full terms & conditons here:

[broken link removed]

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

Here you go :)

[broken link removed]

A very quick glance reveals the following:

9.5% APR after 6 months (11.2% for cash advances, taking account of cash withdrawl fees)

Zero % on both purchases & balance transfers for the first 6 months

Full terms & conditons here:

[broken link removed]

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

what's the situation with BOS now, still the same as above??

Polly, BOSI now trade in Ireland as Halifax, and if you do a search you'll find plenty of information on this site about them.

Or look at

one of the sundays papers says the best deals around at the moment are ulster bank cc for 9 months then change over to halifax for a futher 6 months = 15 months interest free. probably beneficial to people who don't clear off their cards each month.

Back