Bank of Ireland V AIB

Dee101

Hi guys

After being with the same bank for the past 7 years, I am going to close my account. They have never been great but as per my thread yesterday, they are getting progressively worse. I have been meaning to change my bank for a while now but due to my own laziness I have just stuck with them although I wasn't happy with the service!.

So my thinking is to go with Bank of Ireland or AIB. Which in your opinion are the best to bank with? I know this is a broad question but I would appreciate any advice as I don't want to be making another mistake!
Also I have an overdraft with my current bank - would this be easy to carry over to the new bank?

Thanks for reading the post

Have you considered Ulster Bank?

I changed to them before xmas and got 150 euro cash for closing my Bank of Ireland Account. They have a switcher team in place and the whole process was hassle free to be honest. It took about one hour of time in total to fill out the relevant forms etc. I also changed my credit card and they picked up the balance that I owned B of I. They are also offer 9 months interest free (on the type i have a Zinc Credit Card) on this too which is handy if you are paying it off, i subsequently payed all mine a few weeks ago and am gurrently in the green!

The 150 euro switcher deal has been extended to March 31st so get in I say and get 150 euro cash for doing something you are going to do anyhow.

See the Financial Best Buys list of personal current accounts on offer. Also the www.itsyourmoney.ie survey of personal current accounts. Don't restrict yourself to just BoI or AIB. You should at least consider Halifax too in my opinion.