Bank of Ireland Leave policy

Rajni Priya

Hi, I will be joining bank of Ireland. My marriage is scheduled after 3 months of my joining while BOI has 6 months probation period. Does anyone know if I would be able to take leave for 5 days after only 3 months of service?
It would be great if anyone could tell about it.
Thanks a million.

I don't see why not, once you give them plenty of notice - it's a special occasion, I'm sure they'll see it the same way.

I'd mention it to them while arranging your contract etc. and then again, when you met your new line manager.

Best of luck with both the new job, and the wedding!

It's a
I don't see why not, once you give them plenty of notice - it's a special occasion, I'm sure they'll see it the same way.

I'd mention it to them while arranging your contract etc. and then again, when you met your new line manager.

Best of luck with both the new job, and the wedding!
Its a graduate role so I won't be able to talk to them until I start. But your response is helpful. Thanks a lot and thanks for the wishes too

Won't be an issue. Earlier you can tell them the better. Even if graduate role, you must have some communication line with the company before you join.

Based on 20 days per year, you will have accrued 5 days. Shouldn't be an issue but like the others said, apply as soon as possible.

Making an assumption here based on your user name.. If you intend to take time off to marry but also take an extended period remotely working overseas, I would clear this with the employer asap. They will know if you are accessing their systems from overseas and may actually block access from certain locations.

There’s no obligation to give you the leave but the hope would be that they will in the circumstances.

As others have said, the more notice you give, the better.

Last edited:
Are you looking for just normal leave, or additional paid leave that some companies give you when you get married, if the former then should not be an issue even if you have to leave you will accrue later in the year, if it's looking gor an extra weeks paid leave you would need to check, as it may only be for permanent employees who have passed probation period.

Back