Bank of ireland have cancelled my access to online banking

joanj

i have used banking 365 for a number of years now. It is crucial to running my business as i have several transactions a day going through my account. Ive been informed informed from bank of ireland that they have cancelled my access because i have a property with them that i am paying interest only on and they have said they are over exposed on the property and this is the reason why my access has been cancelled. Im trying to rent or sell the property,if i rent i will pay full interest and principle payment. I just cant see how it makes sense to restict my access. It would mean ringing them everyday to get balance and transactions of the day. I have spoken to the complaints department and they have said it is the Banks policy.Any Advice please?

I am puzzled that they can do this. I would look for a copy of the terms and conditions that you would have signed up to when going on on line banking initially. I would put my complaint in writing and point out the problems that this is causing you and ask under what specific authority that they are doing this. I would give them 10 working days to deal with this as it does not take much investigation on their side to justify or otherwise what they have done. I would point out to them that in the absence of a reply by a certain date that you will be writing to the Financial Ombudsman in the form of a complaint. I would hand the letter to an employee in the bank addressed to the Manager and get the persons name that you hand it to and tell them it is very important to have it given to the Manager. Keep everything in writing from now on. There is not much point in talking to them unless they are giving you an assurance at the outset of the verbal conversation that the on line banking is being restored immediately.

Cashier and Dermot, thank you both for your replys.I have written a letter to the branch manager and will drop it in tomorrow.I hope common sense prevails.

Very Short sighted and poor service

The sounds like very poor customer service and bad form from BOI.
I assume they are getting a transaction fee for every transaction you would make with them.? With very little human involvement. A cash making cow and they kill it. :(

Agree. I can't imagine that this is Bank policy. Definitely register a complaint as this approach appears to be extraordinary.

Did you received notification by email? We have got a notification at work similar to that, and it seems to be a phishing email!! If there is a link, do not click on it and do not provide your login details.

No,I contacted bank when i had problems logging in.I then contacted complaints dept in Dublin.Same story.Now awaiting response to letter I sent to bank manager.

Back