Bank of Ireland Fixed Return Funds....

Conclo

just wondering if anyone has an opinion on these funds good or bad? I have 50k to invest and have lost my appetite for risk completely so these seem on paper to be good. Theres a 20% return with capital Guaranteed after 5 yrs and 11 mths.....and theres also an 18% return with capital guaranteed with the chance of a 7% bonus also for the 5yr 11mth term.....
any advice or input would be very welcome
Thanks
Conclo

yes i had researched them too but there seems to be an big amount of hoop la to open an account......

i went into post office today and got the paperwork for savings certs and the lady there said this particular product is covered under the guarantee scheme? Does anyone know if this is accurate? I only qeustion it because the BOI product above isnt covered as its from the Life Assurance type of product or so the BOI lady said.....

Yes, An Post Saving Certs and Savings Bonds are covered by the state guarantee. Hassle to open is minimal. Said on here that the 5.5 year return is better than the New Solidarity Bond return.

Slim

yes once i looked into it properly it was the forms and such that initially appeared overly complicated....thanks for input...think i will run with it.....

Back