bank of Ireland extraordinary general meeting

LindaG

Got a bundle of documents "requiring your immediate attention"
Usually I don't bother doing anything with this "proxy vote" stuff but given how low the share price has gone & the recapitalisation etc, should I be doing something about voting (it says I can vote using the internet)or does it matter?

Hi LindaG

You can of course vote and should to exercise your right, but the reality is that the majority of the shares in BOI and most of the big quoted companies and owned in large blocks by institutional investors and they are the ones who call the shots..

Hi LindaG

You can of course vote and should to exercise your right, but the reality is that the majority of the shares in BOI and most of the big quoted companies and owned in large blocks by institutional investors and they are the ones who call the shots..

Normally I'd agree with you, bbop, but hasn't the share collapse been sparked by the mass evacuation of the institutional investors?

BTW, the govt. is injecting 3.5 billion euro into BoI in return for shares in the bank; does anyone know how much the new shares will water down those already in existence?

Normally I'd agree with you, bbop, but hasn't the share collapse been sparked by the mass evacuation of the institutional investors?

BTW, the govt. is injecting 3.5 billion euro into BoI in return for shares in the bank; does anyone know how much the new shares will water down those already in existence?
0%

Unless BoI can't pay the coupon on them or can't repay them within 5 years.

Back