Bank of Ireland - Direct Debits not taken

so-crates

I have a few direct debits (most importantly my mortgage) that are scheduled on my Bank of Ireland current account for the first of the month but none of them went out today. I can't see anything on the website indicating that there was an issue, has anyone else experienced the same?

1st May is a bank holiday in OTHER countries, so that affects SEPA payments.

My ulster bank online put up a message box on this issue that you have to tick to confirm you’ve read the notice on the convergence of the continental May holiday on Friday first of May with Ireland/UK on the first Monday in May.

convergence of the continental May holiday on Friday first of May with Ireland/UK on the first Monday in May.

Just to point out tomorrow is not a UK bank holiday. Changed to Friday 8th May this year. Just in case it affects anyone.

My ulster bank online put up a message box on this issue that you have to tick to confirm you’ve read the notice on the convergence of the continental May holiday on Friday first of May with Ireland/UK on the first Monday in May.
Yes, this is what I got from Ulsterbank too. Seems a bit anachronistic is this digital always-on era?

Just to point out tomorrow is not a UK bank holiday. Changed to Friday 8th May this year. Just in case it affects anyone.
Okay, maybe I missed the U.K. bit. I just skimmed it as it was a bit long.

Back