Bank loan and home address

Lizard

Hi, my daughter who doesn't live with me anymore has a couple of unpaid loans with two banks. They regularly send her out letters to my address (as it's her official address), and I just post them onto her. However, a friend told me recently that if she doesn't pay off her loan that my address will be black listed. How true is this? And would it affect me??!!

Do you share a name with your daughter? Loans are listed on the ICB database against each persons profile, this includes address - if you share a name, then they may turn up in searches against your credit rating. If nothing else it is most certainly a mark against her creditworthiness and something she needs to address.

If you daughter does not reside at your home then just simply send the letter back to the sender with a note on the back saying that she dose not reside at your address any more. You do not have to tell anyone organisations your daughter new address and if you choose to do so then this would be a breach of her rights.

Hi, my daughter who doesn't live with me anymore has a couple of unpaid loans with two banks. They regularly send her out letters to my address (as it's her official address), and I just post them onto her. However, a friend told me recently that if she doesn't pay off her loan that my address will be black listed. How true is this? And would it affect me??!!

Maybe what your friend was referring to is that if a judgement is registered against your daughter, it will be registered to your address.

Whether or not this will have any effect on your ability to get further loans, I don't know.

Do you share a name with your daughter? Loans are listed on the ICB database against each persons profile, this includes address - if you share a name, then they may turn up in searches against your credit rating. If nothing else it is most certainly a mark against her creditworthiness and something she needs to address.

I dont share a name. Thank you for that.

Back