Bank Fees Displayed online

c-saw

I have a boi online online account and wonder why any charges I incur by the bank are not displayed.

When I receive the statements they are shown. This goes for the credit card also. No charges are displayed.

Sure, by displaying charges online it would generate more queries but should it not be enforced for the banks to display charges online?

Does any bank display charges online?

CS

What charges do you mean (quarterly?) I'm with NIB and every transaction thats on my statement is on line as well.
You could write to the complaints manager at head office and see what they say, if you don't get a result then write to financial regulator and hope for the best. Even better email Jill Kirby who has a column in Sunday Times money section, that would highlight the issue a lot.

Fees & charges are usually charged every quarter on a current account, so you would see the amount for the quarter going out every 3 months. In addition, you should receive a fees notice in the post in advance, which would show th elist of charges like this:

x no, of debit card transactions and the charge
x no. of credits
x no, ATM withdrawals
Q fee (in any)

etc.

Similarly, on your cc, you would see the interest you are paying every month (if any)

I too have an online BOI account. If by charges on your credit card you mean the interest, then I don't understand why you can't see it - it shows on mine. I have transaction-free banking in my current account, so the only charges I ever see on that are the Government stamp duty on my Laser card - and that does show up.

They're published on the main Bank of Ireland website.

For [broken link removed]

They're not on 365 Online, I assume, because not all personal customers use that service. And publishing them in 2 places is bad practice.

Back