Bank direct debit - virgin Media

cmalone

What is procedure for broadband / tv company to record an IBAN for direct debit ...

VM say they processed this by phone and have no physical record. They say I must process a gdpr Data Protection Act request.

I thought they have to send a copy by post / email after ? What is the banking code for this ?

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but surely you supplied them with your IBAN details to authorise the direct debit. In turn your bank will record their originator code and other details on your monthly or quarterly statement against the relevant transactions (debits).

Does that help?

They had registered the details when account set. In February for some reason they deleted the DD and no payments went through since. When I asked they said something wrong my side. .. bank confirmed nothing wrong with my account. They have my bank details for mobile also. Unsure what issue led to them deleting the DD in February. ..

They're idiots but why did you not notice that their DDs were missing for 3 months?

I did and I contacted them. I didn’t understand why until they explained that they deleted - yesterday. I thought some problem my side.

Back