Bank Accounts - Downloading transactions

EOC74

Hi,

Does anybody know of any bank that can offer me the basic functionality of being able to download all of my transactions in excel? I have been with BOI and AIB for years and their online offerings are without a doubt the worst that I have ever seen.

For my personal account with AIB, I can see my transactions in PDF.....or I can see the last 2 months of transactions but nothing is downloadable in excel.

For my business account with AIB, the offering is even worse. I can download in excel but only the last 6 months and only in blocks of 3 months.....

Having held accounts in many other countries, I find it unbelieveable that this could be true. Every other account I have ever used allows me to see all my transactions(they are after all mine...) going back to day 1 and allows me to download them. Can anybopdy recommend to me a proper bank that allows basic functionality? I will move to them in the morning....

Thanks!

My online Ulsterbank A/C allows download of transactions into a csv. file for excel. It's a savings a/c, but I assume this applies across the board for their customers. Ask them before you plump for switching.

I have four different accounts with NIB. One current account, two savings and a mortgage account. I can view and download all transactions on them from their online banking system. You can choose to download in various different formats. (csv, xls etc.)

And can you download all transactions from a few years back or is it limited to only the last 6 months?

I knew you would ask me that! I don't know how far back it goes because I download mine regularly. I don't have my login details with me at the moment but when I get home tonight I'll check for you.

I do know that you can download PDF copies of your statements going back at least three years though, as I did that last night for all my accounts.

Indeed... That is my main bone of contention. AIB are so bad that you can download only six months data but only in blocks of 3 months! And only for business accounts! You can download PDFs only as far back as the time when you opted for no paper statements. So I found myself at the weekend looking for software online that converts from PDF to Excel! Absolute madness.

I would appreciate it if you could check how far back you can go and also if you can do the same with Credit Card Bills.

Thanks!

I'm with Ulster Bank and I can go back to 16-Oct-2006 for my current a/c

I don't have a credit card with them so can't help you with that sorry

I have a NATWEST account in the UK and can download the data to EXCEL. You can also setup payees unline which seems impossible with BOI. Then I rang BOI recently and the most you can make in an online payment each day is €3000 online or something like that.

they said its for security but I reckon its to hold your money in the account longer cause they are skint.

Same with international payments, before once I had money in the account they would send the form to Dublin, now they take out the money straight away, again its because they are skint.

I'm with Ulster Bank and I can go back to 16-Oct-2006 for my current a/c

I don't have a credit card with them so can't help you with that sorry

Thanks DB74. I may knock on their door again.

You will find if you come back to this country from a real country how poor services are, not just public services but banks, isp's etc.... Your experience with BOI is across the board I'm afraid.

It seems I can go as far back as 03/01/2010. Though I have been a customer since 2006. This is the same on the current account, savings accounts, mortgage and on the credit card account. I can save the file in either XML or CSV format.