Bank account denominated in CAD$

nodo

I travel to Canada at least once yearly , usually to visit relatives. I am trying to reduce the Bank charges , both for buying CAD$, and using my credit card while in Canada. Can anyone advise me if there is a bank which would allow me open a small current or savings a/c in CAD$ and issue me with a ATM or Debit Card ( also in CAD$ ) to make withdrawls in Canada. My account would be small, average balance about $1000, and throughput about $7500 per year.
I have tried the websites of offshore accounts, but for such small amounts the fees are too great.
I know the obvious solution is to open a Canadian Bank account, but this seems impossible for a non resident. What I do at present is preload the bank account of an obliging Canadian relative, who doles out cash to me as needed, and "loans" me his credit card for travel in Canada.
While this reduces charges to a minimum, I would prefer to have my own CAD$ a/c ( and I am sure my relatives would prefer it too !)
If anyone can offer advice I will be grateful. Thanks.

Have a look at Ulster Bank.

[broken link removed]

They offer currency accounts, and Visa debit which would be ideal for what you want.

I dont know what the fees and charges are but if you call they will discuss.