Bamboo v Semi Solid (Potential fading)

Panacea

Probably about 6-10 months off changing the flooring but want to start planning ahead.

Seems that Bamboo (depending on getting a quality product) can be as durable as many hardwood floors.

The room I am planning on reflooring is south facing with large windows and although I like the look and idea of bamboo flooring it seems that the colouring effect on bamboo flooring is obtained by heating the product so I am concerned that the orientation of the room could leave me facing a lot of potential discolouration.

Anyone have any experiences with semi solid and whether it is effected by a lot of sunlight or how it compares to bamboo (which seems to be a relatively new product to be able to compare with confidence).

Will probably end up going for semi solid although its only 23sq metres so could be worth taking a punt on the bamboo depending on feedback and experiences of others as its not really going to break the bank to have to change it after a few years if it doesnt work out.

Bamboo floors are fantastic, A friend of mine got one put in to his conservitory and it looks great, he has no problems with it at all.
It really makes no difference what floor you go for, as long as it is installed right. There needs to be a small gap between the wall of the room and the floor to alow for expantion, and then the gap covered with a decoritive beading. As for the colour fading or changing, he has had no problems yet. It's in about 2 years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Bamboo flooring on the sunny side & the cold side of the house absolutely no problems. Got them at a very reasonable price.

Back