Ballyroan Rd Rathfarnham-Journey Time to town

P

Purplefrog

Looking at buying house in area , Know the area pretty well and really like.

Only concern is travel time on bus to town since both the wife and myself work in town and use Public Transport, Will be using the 15b or getting other buses at bridge 15,49 or 74 I think? We both work flexi so can vary travel time somewhat

We did travel over once and got a bus from Bridge on a Friday but we know not very Representative, it took about 30-40mins each way

Any advise on times , peak, off peak winter , summer etc would be grt.

10 year ago:

15b Into town. 20 min, getting the first bus in the morning. 6:05am?
15b Out of town, 1 to 1.5 hours, getting bus at 5:30pm from Trinity.

It hasn't improved much over the years.

From my experience in 2009 allow at least 40 - 60 minutes each way and up to an hour and a half in the evening rush hour. I can't stand the meandering and scenic tour of south Dublin that the route takes.

My preferred mode of transport is bicycle. It takes me a comfortable 25 minutes door-to-door from ca. Taylor's Lane to North Quays without arriving drenched in sweat. On the way home anything from 30 -40 minutes depending on my energy levels, it's mostly uphill.

BTW, The other buses going through Tallaght are fairly full by 6:30am in the morning, and they still smoke like troupers on the top deck.

Are you at the top end of Ballyroan road near the blue haven? If so you could walk over bridge where you can get the 65 as well. Get a scooter it will take you about 20-25 mins both ways and actually for me anyway is cheaper then taking the bus!!

Thanks for all the replies, Journey times kinda what I was thinking but just needed to make sure , House looking at about 5min work from Blue Haven so could walk over bridge , scooter, bike I might do but don't think its my wife's style ;-)

The real problem with getting into town from Ballyroan is that the 15B goes down theTempleogue Road and the lights at the end of that road are incredibly badly synchronised causing huge delays.