Ballyremote?

ndp

Am considering Ballymote, Co. Sligo as a place to live. I have heard it called Ballyremote. Is is that bad?

What's Ballymote like as a town tp live in as regards amenities, etc.

Am considering Ballymote, Co. Sligo as a place to live. I have heard it called Ballyremote. Is is that bad?

What's Ballymote like as a town tp live in as regards amenities, etc.

Completely off beaten track....A sleepy sort of town, never seems to be anything happening, except the odd tinkers funeral and fight thereafter.

If you are considering this area of the country, Tubbercurry, Ballisodare or Collooney would be a better option (IMO)

Went to secondary school there-and I try to avoid the place since! Nice people there -but nothing else. There is a glut of houses for sale in and around Sligo town, bargains to be had. Also rents have fallen through the floor-so you might be able to rent at a good price for a while and see if you like it.

My parents bought a place there last yeat, was cheap enough cant recall how much exactly, but a fine house huge garden my apt in Dublin is nt a patch on it!

its a nice town quiet enough 2 supermarkets Doddys pub is a great spot! Not far into Sligo about 10 Min to the D carriageway then 20 min your even closer to the new retail park outside sligo and there are trains to Connolly quite often that get there in no time !