Ballyogan Road Council estate :adjoining the Gallops in Leopardstown

G

grooney

Does anyone know what the council estate in Ballyogan is like (Leopardstown, Dublin)? Is there much trouble in this area? Is there a drug problem? Is it an okay place to live near?

Re: Ballyogan Road Council estate

Hi Grooney,

I live in an estate about 2 miles away and pop down to the Spar beside the Ballyogan estate for milk etc. There's a lot of young lads hanging about, but nothing to worry about.

Not sure about the drugs scene. I'm sure they're around, but that's no my scene;)

A few weeks ago there was an attempt to rob 12 cars ... according to neighbours the culprit lived in Ballyogan and was caught by the guards.

PM me if you have any more questions.

Thanks Biggerry,

Was thinking of buying a house around the corner from Spar, but I know nothing about the area. There are a lot of houses boarded up and this would concern me. I don't want to part with a ridiculous sum of money and be burgled every week and have my car burnt out.

Hi Grooney,

When posting in Location, Location please state the City, County and General Area concerned. This makes it easier to search for information and for people who might not be familiar with the area.

aj

Guy I work with moved from west Finglas to Ballyogan a few years back but moved back because it was worse.. drugs, roberies etc. In saying that , this estate is basically adjoining the Gallops in Leopardstown and the houses in there are mental prices so it doesn't effect. I think everywhere in Dublin has a problem estate near it.

Hi Grooney,

I live in the Gallops, and much prefer to use the Londis in Sandyford Hall than the Spar for my quick buys. There's an unbelievable amount of trackies hanging around Spar, but to be fair, i've never seen them cause any trouble. (Although, since the new chippy opened by Londis, they've been spreading to there as well - is it a chippy thing???!)

The pub there, the Gallops, is one of a very few itinerent friendly pubs in dublin, and they can be boisterous on saturday and sunday afternoons when lamped, but to be fair again, never seen any trouble.. Nevere stepped foot inside the place though..

Anyway, that estate has never ever impacted on me, and I absolutely love the area, can't speak highly enough of it. Even though the prices are high, it still is one of the cheaper areas in South Dublin. A new Dunnes and shopping centre is going in behind Spar there, and the extended Luas will be on your doorstep. Cannot go wrong IMHO.

Lived in Leopardstown Valley for many years up to 2005. Ballyogan estate impacted to some degree - car robberies/car damage (Myself and 5 neighbours over few yrs) /bikes taken x 3 Tools robbed from shed twice / - but nothing major - by no means living in fear - however would not imo buy in Ballyogan estate - but Leop Valley/Gallops/Sandyford Hall are all great places to live

Back