Ballymore Eustace, Kildare?

K

keeva00

Hi guys, thinking of moving to Ballymore Eustace in kildare, anyone here from this location that can give me some insider info about the town! what part is a good area to live in etc! any help would be great thanks
keeva

Re: ballymore kildare?

If I could afford it this would be my number 1 choice of place to live...........but everyone is different.
It is a very small town where everyone knows everyone.....so some people may not like that.
It has my favourite restaurant in the whole world - Ballymore Inn. & there is also a nice pub for pub grub (The Thatch).
Dublin Bus actually have a service to BME - the 65 - goes up to Tallaght/Tempelogue/Rathmines & on into city centre.........a bit of a bumpy ride but can be handy.
Couple of shops & not much else in the town (except about a million pubs!)
Great festival every year during Punchestown.

It kind of has a feel of being about 10 years behind everywhere else & sometimes feels a bit of a 'hick' town.........but I love that!

I agree with Winnie above. I am moving from Lucan at the moment and Ballymore Eustace would be one of the places I would consider for the reasons outlined above. Probably better if I do not go there though, would put on about five stone by going to the Ballymore Inn.

I grew up in Ballymore Eustace and have it say it is a nice town. It is very small with not too much to do but there are nice restaurants and there is the ski club at golden falls and also it is close enough to Naas/Blessington/Newbridge for all major shopping. The town has a nice feel to it and everyone there is friendly. It may have changed now (I moved away ten years ago) but when I lived there there wasn't really a bad area. The best area is probably towards golden falls, broadleas or towards Naas/punchestown. There are not really any big estates there there is one behind the church and another one is liffey heights but both a very small. I would recommend the place.

The film King Arthur was shot down in Ballymore Eustace. Beautiful place with friendly people IMO. Ballymore Inn and the Thatch as above poster said...great.