Ballyclough or Adare? Limerick

C

Cara

We're in the process of moving to Limerick, and people have suggested these two places as being good areas to buy a family home. We know the market isn't great, so are wondering if anyone can advise us on which area might hold its value best? I know questions like this are almost impossible to answer, but any insight would be great....thanks :)

Adare is considered a 'premium' address. I guess it depends on the actual property also. I'd recommend renting in Limerick for some time as you don't sound familiar with the area and the 'good' area will depend on your expectations and requirements as a family. There are lots of other areas which might be more suitable depending on your needs. I think I remember this being asked before so if you run a search you might find a list of other areas also and the reasons people recommended them.

Found this link but there are many more if it helps.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=44873&highlight=adare

Hiya

I dont live in Adare but having grown up living just 20 minutes up the road from it. When we were young we used call it Millionaires Row, WOW, the houses.

My OH has built a number of houses down that area over the last few years and they are all really impressive, what I would give for 1 of them! I can still say, WOW, the houses.

If you escape the Adare address, house and site prices seem to be that bit lower. Croagh, Ballingarry etc.

Adare is a buzzing tourist town, not only in summer but in winter also.

Maybe you should head down for a wknd, some real nice restaurants, etc in the village itself.

Dunno if ths will help, best of luck

Back