Ballroom dancing

Merlin

Hi there,
2 friends & myself have recently decided to take the plunge and learn how to waltz. We are now attending weekly classes and although I for one am not the most competend we are all enjoying it. As expected we were not able to come up with any male friends who were interested in supporting us in our quest for graceful movements on the dancefloor so we end up dancing with the teacher (female also).
Does anyone know if there's something on around Dublin where we could practice preferably with the male species -age doesn't matter
M.

Merlin,

The OH and I have talked about taking Ballroom dance lessons in the past and have yet to find just the right place for us. If you don't mind me asking, where are you taking your lessons now?

ad

Hi addob,
We are going to some place in Parnell Square opposite the Rotunda. It's called the Morosini-Whelan Dance school I think. The teacher is very good (by which I mean patient ).
M.

Merlin,
That place looks brilliant and exactly like what we've been looking for for waltz/quickstep etc. The website I found is a little lacking in details, just wondering if there was a set start date for the course or can you join up anytime?
Thanks!

Hiya,
You can just turn up on the night no start dates. There are really different people most weeks and it's good craic. Seems to be getting a bit busier now after xmas.
Do get a few fellas to come along please badly needed
M.
PS. I'm the one with the 5 left feet in a knot should you turn up next Wed

What nights are the lessons on. I always try dancing with my Mam and Aunties at get-togethers but Im brutal to say the least.

How much is it?

Merlin, as a reward I'll try my best to pass it around to the guys I know! Thanks again for the help!

Hi Redbhoy,
As mentioned before I regulary step on the teacher's feet and she keeps reminding me gently that she's supposed to lead and could I please leave her arm attached to her body. You will also on an ongoing basis hear her asking to keep the belly in and stand straight.
We're going on Wednesday 8-9 not sure if she does other nights too
M.

Merlin, as a reward I'll try my best to pass it around to the guys I know! Thanks again for the help!

Excellent !! If we have 20 blokes storming the place next week I will ask for commission

Merlin,

One last question, the cost per class per lesson (In case I acually get the OH to go!)

ad