Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo

techman

Hi,

Looking for some feedback on Ballinrobe as a location. Any areas that would prove to be a good buy?

What's it like to live there? Schools, amenities etc.

not a bad spot but no work, you wil commute to Galway or Castlebar I take it

45 mins or 30 mins save in froshty weather when you add another 15 mins to each.

Ballinrobe's not a bad spot at all. Sorry to contradict the last poster but there is quite a bit of work there. E.g McHale Engineering and many others.

It has developed into a bit of a residential area for Galway and Castlebar as the last poster has said. Beautiful area for scenery and close enough to a wide range of amenities.

Have a look at for more detail.

I would say that McHale Engineering is the only decent sized employer in the town, Nice town school, 3 more country schools. A lot of development going on on all roads into the town. As regards amenities there are no swimming pools or cinemas but a few nice pubs and restaurants and you are close to some of the most beautiful countryside in Ireland.

My impression is that most of the new arrivals in the town are working in either Cbar or Galway

Not from the area at all but have friends there that we've stayed with, I think it's a lovely spot (close to Knock airport!) plenty to see & do and nobody I know from the area is short of work.

Back