Ballinasloe - what's it like to live in?

elainem

Going to work in Roscommon, but have lots of family in Ballinasloe, and they are trying to persuade meto live there. Always though Ballinasloe was really rough and that there were quite a few stabbings there. I know that two traveller women/mothers apparently stabbed each other outside the school where my kids would likely be going - it was a couple of months back and was in the news. A bit scary!

My cousin is letting me have a house he owns in Ard Mhuire, which always seemed a nice area to me.

I know that two traveller women/mothers apparently stabbed each other outside the school where my kids would likely be going - it was a couple of months back and was in the news. A bit scary!
Link please?

Stayed in carlton ballinasloe few weeks back. First thing we met on way into ballinasloe was five of the them buggy things pulled by horses, took complete control of the road and so dangerous. Two gardai were walking on the footpath near the swimming pool and never even blinked an eyelid at them. Found absolutely nothing to do in town, couldnt find anywhere to eat around 9 oclock in evening, unless you like three supermacs....town deserted at 9/10 oclock except for smokers outside each pub.

Going to work in Roscommon,

Roscommon Town or somewhere else in County Roscommon.

If working in Roscommon Town, I can't recommend it highly enough. Low crime with decent facilities such as the new cinema & bowling alley. It's only 20-30 mins from Athlone on a good road. I wouldn't be overly impressed with Ballinasloe.