ballina mayo

lucan 07

hi
i am going to ballina on friday nite at 5.30 pm can any one tell me the best way to get there ??
i live in lucan
thanks

Firstly I would leave it to 7.30 - 8 if you can. The shortest way is to head for Longford, then Strokestown, Ballaghdreen, Charlestown, Swinford, and Foxford. Personally I always head for Sligo, and turn off in Collooney, on to Ballisodare, and then Ballina. This route is about 10 miles longer, but it is a much better road, and time wise I would say there is very little difference.

thats great tried the aa map but it says cant find it
how long will it take me do you think
thanks

There seems to be a problem with the AA route planning map.
I travel this route quite a lot. I always go out the M50 past Lucan and head for Longford. When you get to Longford Town at the Longford Arms Hotel take a left at the traffic lights there and head on then for Ballaghadereen, Charlestown, Swinford and Foxford - next town is Ballina. A few dodgy bendy roads so do take care.

I would definitely leave later to travel even leave around 7pm if you can and you should do it from Lucan in about 3 hours.

Safe journey

I'd go along the route magern uses. I have used both routes myself and have always found it longer to go via Strokestown. Roads are much better going via Sligo. I would say it will take about 3 hrs. Enjoy Ballina.