Balcas Delivery Query

lastbuilders

Hi All,

I have constructed my own wood pellet store. The opening is about 3 foot square about 4 feet off the ground. I have a hatch on this with a small opening (approx 5 inches in diameter) to allow the hose from the lorry to by put through. There is a plastic sheet on this opening that can be secured to the hose and prevent dust from leaving store during delivery.

My query is will balcas deliver if I use this set up or will I need to get a male coupling as stated in some of their documents.

Lastbuilders

The male coupling you refer to is a A-100 ( 4" Male Camlok X Female thread ) and delivery lorrys would have a C-100 ( 4" Female Camlok X Hosetail ) on their hoses to connect with levers. I am not familiar with wood pellets delivery but it would be the same principal as grain/feed deliverys and they have to have them. As already said the hose would have a female camlok which would be 5" OD ( how big is your opening ). It probably would be better to fit the A-100 with a DC100 ( Dust Cap ) just to keep it clean and dry and anyway Balcas have specified this.