Balbriggan or Clondalkin?

Ballbriggan would win for me too.

It is a pretty safe place,the train service is fine.

It is also a very multicultural town.

Stay away from estates like Pinewood in Balbriggan, can be rough, a few friends of mine lived there in the past and had to leave.. otherwise it's a nice enough place.
Regarding Grangeview, It wouldn't be one of the better areas to be honest, Estates like oakwood/ Alpine Heights/ Ashwood are near to that location and would be better and within the same price bracket as Grangeview i'd imagine... u could have a look around there?
They're nice enough estates.

Staying with Clondalkin....u could also look to duplexes in Monastery Heath, great location.. or the Shalimar/mount Talbot apartments on Monastery Road..i'd highly recommended those, they have the advantage of being located near very good areas of Clondalkin, and literally just beside the M50 too/ Luas stop etc...

ah pinewood isn't that bad!!! better than what is used to be.

Balbriggan would win for me as well, but i would say that i live here.

For a 3 bed in balbriggan at the moment i would say you should be laughing at the estate agent. Unless the house is painted in 24 ( i want to spell it carrot but i know it's not right ) gold then it's never going to sell.

Just looking at the amount of house for sale in balbriggan on daft, you have a lot of power to buy. There are loads of them, people just cant sell them. The reason why alot of them arn't selling is because you cant sell a house that is in negative equity and the majority of these house for sale were built and purchased in the boom.

Ah, but if you check daft, you will see that there has been a number of houses gone sale agreed in the past number of weeks. Perhaps more realistic selling prices have helped but there is some movement in houses here.