"Bailing out" - the new phrase of choice

shnaek

Just read on the local paper there this morning about how the government were 'Bailing out' employers now, as well as banks etc.

What's next - the news that we are 'bailing out' the unemployed every year to the tune of 10-20bn? That we are 'bailing out' the sick with out 20bn a year health budget?

I think people use the term 'bailing out' when they resent the way the money is being used.

In that case, can I register my annoyance that the tax payer is bailing out everyone...

"Bailing out" - Categorisation used by opposition/media for any spending that they do not agree with.

"Soft Landing" - Self deluding phrase used in an attempt to ignore the reality that property bubbles burst. Phrase now defunct.

"Smart Economy" - Self deluding phrase used in an attempt to ignore the fact that we pay ourselves too much and only by reducing costs (wages) will we fix our economy.

"Race to the bottom" - disingenuous phrase used by the haves to keep the have-not's at bay. It’s ok to race to the bottom when you are at the bottom; that’s called social justice. Just think of all the investment in Ireland through the late 80’s and into the 90’s. When we start to pay ourselves too much and the jobs start to move to the next country, one very much like we were in the 80’s, that’s called a race to the bottom.

I am starting to get annoyed now.

Listening to the radio today you could hear MAtt Cooper getting really peeved too.

Apparently the guys in charge of NAMA have sort of admitted that a lot of the top folk who owe NAMA the most aren't paying back their money, while they continue to live their lavish lifestyles.

Surely its time for all this to end. If the Gov are serious its time to stop sticking with their rich mates, and get some money back. We as a nation should be marching in our millions about all this, yet the only thing annoying people is animals and hunting.

We get what we deserve. I won't be happy til I see Seany in prison or in a 3 bed semi and all the rest of his moeny paying back my money that the Gov took to bail him out.

Apparently the guys in charge of NAMA have sort of admitted that a lot of the top folk who owe NAMA the most aren't paying back their money, while they continue to live their lavish lifestyles.
That's only the half of it. There is a proposal on the table apparantly for NAMA to start paying the self-same guys very large amounts to get them to finish off the half-built developments.

They must really find it hard to keep a straight face.

We as a nation should be marching in our millions about all this
I prefer a jog on the beach, preferably at sunset. It's far more satisfying.

What's going to probably happen - taxes will get much worse, there'll be more cuts, there might even be riots after the next budget in December. FF will continue on. Even if there is a general election FG will merrily carry on where FF left off. Bertie and Co will continue their lavish lifestyles and we'll continue feeding our hard earned wages to the bust banks.

I don't really care any more. If (When?) it gets too bad, I'll might look at moving country - it's easier. Soon the only people having a reasonable lifestyle will be ruling classes.

+1,

slightly off topic, also no more rubbish talk like

celtic tiger
zero tolerance

any other buzzwords no longer used (or worthwhile in the 1st place)

I thought that you went to the barbers to get a "haircut" but apparently NAMA are are in the haircutting business too. They are giving haircuts to the the loans they are taking on