baggage Fees

J

jimbo11

i am flying from cork to heathrow with aer lingus and connecting to a virgin atlantic flight to Boston .Do i have to pay baggage fees for the flight to london?

If it's a through ticket (e.g. you didn't book the Aer Lingus flight separately yourself) then you shouldn't have to pay Aer Lingus baggage charges I don't think. Unless they've changed this recently I believe that through ticketed passengers have whatever baggage allowance comes with the long haul flight.

Cork to heathrow, It's just cost me €48 for 2 bags out and 2 bags return up to 20kg

I just booked a holiday in Turkey which goes from Stansted. Ryanair fly directly Cork to Stansted but there was so much mess on trying to book, that I booked Aerlingus to Heathrow, I will get the connection bus to Stansted. Ryanair only allow 15kg baggage allowance, the holiday company allow 20kg, there was no way to book for more than 15kg, so I will end up paying in the airport, according to Ryanair website it is €20 per kilo excess(can only be purchased at Ticket Desk) which is €100 per person one way for 20kg, (have I got this correct?) they even wanted €1 euro to send a confirmation email. No more Ryanair for me.
Aerlingus allow 20kg with €9 per kg over.