Bad service from Citroen -Car horn not working.

WaterWater

Brought my car back to my Citroen dealer to have my car horn fixed only to be told that they can't fix it and they don't know what's causing the problem. How come a Citroen dealer can't fix a problem with a Citroen car?

Car horn is a very simple sustem.

I am amazed at them admitting they don't know how to fix it.

So much for main dealers.

Give the lads in MKW motors kingswood a shout I am sure Keith will be able to sort it.

I had a problem with my wipers not working in my Nissan a year ago. I waited for 2 weeks for "a part" to be shipped to the main dealers and then, it turned out it wasnt going to fix it and they didnt know what to do and I had to drive away without wipers. I rang Nissan Ireland directly and asked them to point me in the direction of a Nissan dealer in Cork who could fix the wipers and the service manager rang from the original garage to say they could fix it after all.

So, maybe try rinign Citreon head office?

Have you googled the problem? I bet it has water in it or something - common enough with horns generally.

I had to google a problem for a particularly incomptetent Ford dealer a few years ago - I printed it off (very common problem as it turned out) and handed it to the clown. Red faced, he then proceeded to fix it but I never went back - for this and various other reasons.

What I found annoying about the main dealer was that if they had just rung their head quarters and ASKED them how to fix a problem then it would have been sorted without me ever having to realise they were incompetent or too lazy to care

When I was told that they couldn't fix it they said that the unit could be replaced at an approximate cost of €140 excluding labour. The garage charges circa €80 per hour labour costs.
They also said that they didn't carry Citroen car parts in stock and that they have to be ordered in from the U.K. despite this being a Citroen dealer.
I had booked my car in to have someone look at the problem on a Monday and I was told that they couldn't look at it until the following Friday. I brought it in on the Friday but because they had no part in stock (even though I booked it in to have the horn fixed) this meant that I would have to wait for the part to be ordered from the U.K. and go to the trouble of bringing my car back in again to have the problem fixed.
I decided to bring my car to a garage in Mount Merrion who fixed the car horn within an hour, replacing the horn for the all in total of €70.

Makes you wonder about main dealer mechanics.

A cynical person would think they are just pushing out non necesary parts to run up bills. Thank god I am not that person.

Find a good independant you trust and run a mile from main stealers.

Well I only got 4 years out of the Citroen car horn now I am happy to see how long I get out of the Chinese copy at less than a sixth of the price.

Back