bad reception on broadband

window doc

keep on losing broadband can anybody explain why.
Every day about miday it is the same using the internet and next minute its gone and i have tryed everything possible to get it back is there a quicker way to do it ,

I had that problem using Eircom.

I discovered I had sky digital connected through the phone line. When I disconnected the telephone connection from the skybox my broadband worked perfectly.

Maybe its just coincidence but it certainly cured my problem.

What do you mean "bad reception"? What sort of broadband? Is the DSL or other broadband "backbone" connection disconnecting? Or are you connecting via a wireless LAN and the wireless connection is dropping? Or is it wireless broadband (i.e. broadband connection to your premises is wireless - the LAN may be wired or wireless or both)? Or something else?

igora thanks for your reply i do have sky digital but if i disconect the telephone line then sky send me a letter threatening to disconect my subscription so i cant do that to solve the problem. I have filters on all phone lines two sky boxes phone fax and router.

clubman i have a wireless lan and router that plugs into the phoneline,the connection does seam to be dropping, using a laptop that has a wireless connnection, and i am an internet virgin,what is a dsl?

So the problem may be your wireless connection from the PC/laption to the router and not necessarily the actual broadband connection itself? This could be due to lots of possible issues. You'd really need somebody with a bit of technical expertise to assist you in diagnosing the rectifying the problem. Posting possible problems and their solutions here is probably just going to bamboozle you.

On the other hand this thread suggests that your broadband connection could (also?) be a problem?

Eircom BB..Noisy Phone Line

DSL is the most common form of (land line based) broadband. Other forms of broadband are cable broadband, wireless broadband etc. Judging by the thread above you have ADSL broadband.

Clubman i also forgot to say that it also happens on my pc, the little telly that looks like the one off will of the whisp goes red and you here a sound like braking glass.

You mean like this one (highlighted) or the one to the right of it with a red X?

If so then this represents your local area network connection to the router and it sounds like it is dropping for some reason. This has nothing to do with your broadband connection itself. However your other thread suggests that you could also have separate problems in that department.

If your wireless local area network connection is dropping regularly then it could be a wireless network card driver problem. However it could be lots of other things too.

No idea what you're talking about so. In what part of the screen does that appear?

dont know weather this worked hopfully it did,tryed copying and pasting the picture of the television.