Bad Parking

J

JazzyJeff

Why are so many drivers Bad parkers and just plain ignorent. I bought a new car last september and already have marks on both front wings and the door from people rubbing off the car in car parks and the cul de sac i live...I noticed a lovely red mark along the front wing at the weekend and have noticed the same red mark on a car that parks on the oppossite side of the road to me today...I think a lot of people when parking revese until they rub of the other car..I had a piece of crap of a car last year and nobody seemed to rub off it :-(

My sympathy, that's one of the good things about having an older car, after a few scratches each new one becomes less traumatic.

If there's matching marks point it out to your neighbour.

In France, they only seem to stop when they hit the car behind/in front of them when parking. It's hilarious to watch. That's what bumpers are for I guess.

I would guess that new (and 'new' used) cars 'attract' scratches for the first week/month-if you know what I mean.

CCOVICH said:
I would guess that new (and 'new' used) cars 'attract' scratches for the first week/month-if you know what I mean.

My Offaly reg car seems to attract more than it's fair share of dings and collisions around Dublin. A conspiracy against country people. And I'm not even from Offaly, tfg.

What I was getting at is that you only tend to notice scratches and scrapes on newer cars-after 6 months or so you don't care.

But, yes, The Dubs are thugs ;) .

CCOVICH said:
In France, they only seem to stop when they hit the car behind/in front of them when parking. It's hilarious to watch. That's what bumpers are for I guess.

This is also how italians park and they are excellent at getting as many cars as possible into small spaces. My italian friends use to say to me that the irish dont know what bumpers are for.

I notice the same all the time in shop car parks. When i park in tesco i park down the back away from all the lazy parkers up the front that drive in at a angle and do not straighten up, Which i do so my car is straight. People take over two spots by not parking right. And the best is the eejits in my tesco in Ashbourne that constantly around the car park the wrong way when it clearly states one-way left only. Yesterday a van done this and then parked a mile out so blocked the driving area for cars coming out of the car park. It is just down to laziness really so best to avoid parking near these cars.

I wonder how long it will be before this gadget becomes standard on most cars. I'd like one myself but I would imagine that demand will be led by women. There are some things that men are naturally better at and parking would normally be one of these.

[broken link removed]

Murt

This would be the answer to all my parking nightmares. Hope it works in reverse too... ie. pulling out of the parking space.

Murt10 said:
I would imagine that demand will be led by women. There are some things that men are naturally better at and parking would normally be one of these.
Not [broken link removed]... :D

Back