Bad news for Springfield, good news for me

TarfHead

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2095-2069748,00.html

It has also signed deals with a number of the big entertainment producers, giving it access to several shows not broadcast by Irish stations. These include The Office USA, My Name Is Earl, Family Guy, Prison Break and House.

The Office USA ? Gift !!!!!
My name is Earl ? I've heard good things about it so I get a 2nd chance to find out if it deserves it.
Family Guy ? See above
House ? Got a few Emmys, IIRC, so worth a look.
Prison Break ? Pitched as the new Lost.

Also showing re-runs of The Sopranos and Curb Your Enthusiasm and Buffy and Dawson's Creek.

I'm outside of their demographic, so if I watch it am I down with the kids ?

My Name is Earl is on E4 I think no? Its defo on some channel you have via a Sky box and its quite funny actually. In my opinion...

House ? Got a few Emmys, IIRC, so worth a look.
Prison Break ? Pitched as the new Lost.

I've been watching House - medical drama, one patient with unheard of illness per episode - since the first episode, excellent show, Peter Lawrie is excellent

Prison Break, they've only made 13 episodes - already well viewed in the US - and then they got the go ahead to finish season 1 and the okay for season 2, have watched most episodes and is a good show

The office US, seen them all, very very funny, the first series is very close to the UK version, the second series is all new stuff ( however dropped to a 1/2 hr slot )

I would highly recommend these 3 shows

Another excellent US show is the medical drama Greys Anatomy, am surprised it has not been pick up by an Irish station

slave1 said:
Prison Break .. have watched most episodes and is a good show

The office US, seen them all

Are you 'BitTorrent'-ing ?
I've seen 4 or 5 of series 2 of The American Office and look forward to seeing them all legally.

My Name is Earl is on C4 on Friday evenings, at about 10 I think, just when I've decided to have an early night. Find it very amusing. I missed the first few episodes but there's a short explanation of the premise of the show at the beginning of each week and it's not too hard to get really. Former waster of a guy realises every time something good happens to him, something bad happens straight after - so he decides it's karma telling him to fix all the bad things he's done and makes a list. First one I saw was the episode where he had to make it up to the girl he broke up with by faking his own death.

slave1 said:
Another excellent US show is the medical drama Greys Anatomy, am surprised it has not been pick up by an Irish station

Grey's anatomy was broadcasted by LivingTv (which you get with Chorus or Sky) not that long ago. It's really good.