Bad Driving in Ireland

Newby

There are plenty doing this every day will full licences... no indicators, wrong indicators, panic stricken hesitiation at roundabouts, crazy overtaking etc. etc...

What is it with people on the roads and their clear lack of driving skills. You'd swear the indicator lever has hot molten lava on it as people just don't use them. The number of times i've seen cars turn left with no regard for cyclists, pedestrians is ridiculous.

I'm sick of being in one of the lanes doing the speed limit and seeing car's fly past me. If there are speed camera's on the road then turn them on.

I would love it if the government made you sit the driving test every few year (5 or so) to ensure that you are still competant enough to drive a car. Surely that would help the quest for safer roads and less road death???

Sorry for rant - having a bad morning.

Last edited:

I can see that you are having a bad day. Here are some typos and grammatical errors you missed:-

...driving skills?...

The indicator levers.....had hot molten lava on them.....

I've.......cyclists or pedestrians......

...cars....cameras....

Government....

...every few years....competent....fewer road-deaths....

I hope that makes you feel a little better

I am surprised that Pat127 didn't put all his corrections in red print to really make you feel bad.

How can someone picking on grammar errors end every sentence with an overdose of full stops?

Agreed Seagull!

This is a rather silly activity and contributes nothing to the issue of bad driving!

BTW why is Newby having a bad morning when the posting was made at 12.34PM? Now if Newby had typed ' had a bad morning' .....

This is a rather silly activity and contributes nothing to the issue of bad driving!

Quite right Jasconius. Let's get more serious here and back on topic.

I have to give BillK credit for inspiring this idea......(oops, make that just one dot).

Fit each vehicle with a mechanism which causes an indicator to switch on each time the steering-wheel is moved. The resulting uncertainty will force drivers to slow down to speeds guaranteed to avoid almost all collisions. The remaining few are most unlikely to result in either death or injury.

[Okay, check spelling and grammar. Looks good so it's safe to hit the 'Submit Reply' button.]

Taxi drivers are by far the worst culprits in my opinion and think they own the road.

Taxi drivers are by far the worst culprits in my opinion and think they own the road.

A little unfair to tar all with the one brush. I have certainly been iin a taxi the receiving end of a lot of bad taxidriving but I've also sat into one or two very good ones. Some of them use a lot of skill not to knock down drunken fools on Camden Street!

Talking about taxi drivers I was driving down the park road in Mallow recently the traffic lights were flashing amber 2 lanes left to town center right over the bridge, I was going over the bridge there was a queue of traffic behind me as I was turning a taxi driver in the left lane decided to turn right at the same time almost hitting my car he couldn't wait in the queue like everyone else.

For the full effect you have to read that comment out loud in the accent of the following characters.

[broken link removed]

POINT PROVEN