Bad Credit the saga continues

• Thread starter bluethunder
  • Start date
B

bluethunder

basically my situation was as follows 4 years ago BOI changed me from a student account to a Graduate account in this process they transfered my direct debits and standing orders all bar 1 which was for the grand sum of 40€ per month to POS. as the amount was small i didnt notice that i wasnt paying it monthly. for the next 18 months approx i carried on normally thinking i had everything under control, i recieved no mail stating i had not paid the required amount till i recieved 1 stating i owed 900€ which i paid immediately. since then i have been refused credit cards, bank loans, any sort of credit which i though was weird as i recieve a good salary so i got my credit report from the ICB and noticed the loan was recorded as written off even though i paid it in full. when i contacted POS and addressed the issue with them they said "oh thats a mistake because we have you here as having paid it in full well just change that now" although i know i should have made sure i had carried over all my direct debits and ensured all the payments were being meet but as it stands i still cant get a loan a credit card or anything because of an error in recording of data basically. what are my options, if i state what happened will the banks look favourably on me. my credit report now says all loads completed but i still have the bad payment history on that one loan. help sorry for the novel by the way

As far as i know you can put a note on your credit report yourself explaining the situation

Back