Bad Credit Rating-need personal loan

M

mcqsue

Is there any possible way that I can get a small personal loan of €2000-€4000 by this weekend? I have a bad rating with the ICB for a loan I had out in 2003. This has been paid off for the past 3 1/2 years but I still can't get finance anywhere. I know there are money lenders out there which I would consider at this stage but I can't find any details about them online.

www.providentpersonalcredit.ie

They will give u a loan, but you pay back at an unmerciful rate, that and they collect at your door everyweek? Maybe it will help you now, i personally wouldnt go there, but if your stuck.
Why not opena credit union account? if you set up a standing order everyweek, they will help out and can at times be alot more approacheble than the banks.
Best of luck.

At a typical 150.3% APR I suggest you don't use them unless the loan is for life saving surgery....

Thanks for the info guys. They seem to only lend up to €1000 anyway so if anyone has any more suggestions please share!!

Would your local Credit union be an option? They gave my brother a loan of 3000 but he did have to put in i think 450 as savings first.

i cant see how u gonna get that much cash before the weekend, i know plenty that deal with provident but its people that have been dealing with them for years....(the celtic tiger didnt hit everyone) and i know they know these guys personally so prob why they give out more to them!!

hope what ever u need the money for isnt life threatening!! :(

i know plenty that deal with provident but its people that have been dealing with them for years.... :(

The probale reason that they are dealing with them for years, is becase they cannot clear the original debt due to rates of 150%.

Perhaps you could sell something to raise some money for the credit union option?

Provident , Im reliably informed , charge €5 per week for 26 weeks for every €100 borrowed. My calculation works that out at a whopping 183%APR ! Stay clear if at all possible.

I'd avoid them at all costs!

Have you tried Tesco Finance? I hear they give out to pretty poor credit people, and have a great APR.

Worth a try maybe?

Back