Backpacker Insurance

Curious11

Just wondering has anyone used Travel Insurance Direct before and if so what were they like? Could only find a couple of reviews for the UK branch, some great, some horrendous. I'm about to go travelling around the world for a year excluding the US and they're quoting me E180 for standard cover which seems quite good. Excess is less than with Blue and the amount payable out if anything happens is higher. But I've no idea what they're like.

Both Blue and TID are regulated here in ireland ,although TID is abranch of a big UK firm whereas Blue is an irish founded asnd based company.
Both are " safe".

I don't wish to sound patronising as you already know this ,but as you're going for a long time you really should study each and every point in each policy -not just the pay-outs and excesses ,but the details/conditions of what exactly are the condtions of each aspect you are covered for. Most especially ,in your case, illness/accident cover.

That is the only basis for booking one or the other , not a few quid cost either way.

Some people believe that it is better if the loss adjustors - the people who basically examine , and resist, the claim, are based on ireland rather than UK or a callcentre in Bangalore. May be worth checking that.

hey I know one company named Backpackertravelinsurance based in UK.It is a part of an award winning company with a lot of experience in providing the right cover for backpackers.
So If you want to get any information regarding Backpacker Insurance UK you can contact them.

Back