Back up mobile data

Lane7

My company phone - Blackberry, is password protected and due to several incorrect attempts at putting in the password, I am down to my final attempt. If it's incorrect next time, I lose all my data - email, texts and contacts. I believe that I can back up the data and then get a new password but I may need my password to back up. Does anybody know what I need to do to get around this? I'm with Vodafone.

surely its similar to mobile phones, if after 3rd attempt to log in incorrectly it locks. Then you contact vodaphone and get an unlock code or PUK code, Personal Unlocking Kode..you shouldn't loose any data etc, its just a login prob.

Unless hes talking about encrypted password. Some biz phones have this, to prevent your data being accessed if the phone is stolen. I think Blackberries do something similar.

had this before myself with a work blackberry phone. if you put in the password wrong 10 times it will be wiped. and you are correct is saying you need a pw if you connect the bb to a pc with the usb cable.

do not think there is anyway around this. before you put in the pw take the media card out if you have one.

I was lucky in the sense that we uses the enterprise server in that when I reactivated it the mail file and address / calender stuff came back down from the server.

Back