Back boiler not heating rads

Leper is correct of course but so many people including myself like the back boiler stove, they require some cleaning of course, in my case three times a year does it with the wire brush and scrapers, a dirty job of course, daily glass cleaning and removal of ashes etc, chimney cleaning etc but I would not be without it, I've often said its almost a lifestyle decision, they can be dirty, there is maintenance, waiting for fuel delivery and so on but I'd have it ahead of gas ( which is also in the house )

I've found many owners are like the OP and have little understanding of the operation of a stove, they require tweaking to get the operation the way you'd want it, ours rarely goes out especially during cold spells.

I would not run a hot fire until you get that circulating pump fixed, the return pipe when it's hot is showing that the full system including your tank is hot, heat needs to escape from the stove that is where the pump comes in, look for it in your hot press, maybe it needs switching on as mine does, look for that switch ( like a light switch on the wall ), maybe you have a thermostat and it is set too high, if so switch it down to 60 degrees, if you have this it will be in your hot press, it could also be faulty, not an expensive fix either.

If you can find the pump and it is switched on then you will hear it working, if it is silent get a plumber, a heat merchants circulating pump cost me €51 when I needed one recently, let the plumber know that you expect the pump to be around €60, get to it asap and keep a small fire on in the interim.
Where did you buy the pump for €51?

Back