Baby died after being left sleeping in car seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
That story is so sad, and maddening at the same time.

some people should be sterilised, and I don't say that lightly.

In every village in Ireland it's possible to get a babysitter.
I mean if you can spend the day in the pub you can afford a babysitter

The court heard Ms Reilly had returned from the pub around 2.15am on January 8th having left her six children, the eldest of whom was 12, at home on their own. Ms Reilly was accompanied by a barman who came back to the house for drinks. Ms Reilly had also been at the pub during the day

Well I suppose that's one good thing about it.
Since she had to say it, I'd assume they weren't taken into State care. Not sure who has them now though, possibly the father?
District court proceedings against Ms Reilly for child neglect of six children resulted in a guilty plea to six charges. She was put on probation for 18 months. She told the inquest her children are not with her anymore.

What a horrific story.

After reading this, I really wonder. I mean, people need a licence to own a TV or a dog but are not assessed for their suitablility to be parents. What kind of person leaves a six month old baby (especially the one that was so badly premature) alone with five other small children or doesn't change its nappy. As a mother, it would be my own failure if my son developed anything (nappy rash for example) that is nothing other than a result of negligence.

It really breaks my heart me to say this, but that poor baby is probably better off dead.

Well they are obviously broken up.

If you are a happily married couple you don't bring the barman home with you in the early morning for drinks

But I don't think anyway here can answer why the father didn't go to the hearing

Thread closed by OP because discussion has deteriorated to speculation about the mother's lifestyle and lack of father/fathers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back