Baby bird

Ash 22

Just found a most beautiful coloured baby bird picking on the ground beside the dogs house-lucky I got to her before they did! When I went to pick her up she just stayed there. I'm wondering what she is. She's very tame. She has a little black face with beautiful red all around her beak. Brown soft down on her body and black feathers at back with yellow on either side. Very colourful. I'm going to keep her in tonight and then I'll see tomorrow if she'll fly off. Anybody know what type of bird she might be.

Sounds like a [broken link removed].

Wouldn't have thought there would be baby birds around this time of year. Maybe it's an adult, I suspect it might be because of the developed plumage.

A guy who keeps birds recommends that you give it a shallow dish with some water in it, bout 3 quarters of an inch deep and it will wash itself if it's able.

If you want to try to feed it, there might be some info here:
[broken link removed]

Thanks a million delgirl, thats it, a goldfinch. A friend of mine thought the fact it had no feathers that it was a baby bird, its so lovely and soft. I have it kept in for tonight and hopefully tomorrow it will fly off. I had'nt noticed any of them in my garden before.