B&B - Galway City - Race Week

OCY

Can anyone recommend a Bed and Breakfast / Hotel for Race Week in Galway

In case you haven't been before, Galway is very busy during race week with most places booked out months in advance. (Some I believe are permanently booked out, with standing reservations from year to year).

OCY said:
Can anyone recommend a Bed and Breakfast / Hotel for Race Week in Galway

House I usually stay in is no longer doing B&B.... so looking for any accommodation at this stage.

OCY said:
House I usually stay in is no longer doing B&B.... so looking for any accommodation at this stage.

Have you tried the one I mentioned. Its located on Fr. Griffin Road which is an idela location 5 mins from quay st and 5 mins from Salthill

foxylady said:
Have you tried the one I mentioned. Its located on Fr. Griffin Road which is an idela location 5 mins from quay st and 5 mins from Salthill

Tried it and its also booked up

Go to [broken link removed] and do a search for accommodation Galway.

When the list of accommodation is shown, start at bottom (very important, most start at the top thus nothing available) and ring every single one of them until you find a vacancy!!

I do this every year 2 weeks before the races when I eventually decide to go!!! Usually takes about 20 or 30 phone calls but you'll find something.

Ballyman said:
When the list of accommodation is shown, start at bottom (very important, most start at the top thus nothing available) and ring every single one of them until you find a vacancy
Funny, I thought the results form Ireland.ie were random as there's no obvious ordering. However just tried the same search twice & it came up the same both times, so worth going with the bottom/middle of the list strategy.(Sorry for going slightly off topic)

I thought it should be easier in Galway now with so many new hotels. Are they just too expensive ?

Foxylady, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Crookhaven.....it's owned by a friend of mine !

Now I understand why I don't even have spare floor space during race week. Every couch & blow up mattress is put to good use with all the relations !

During race week 2 years ago we stayed here -
[broken link removed]

It was a lovely B&B and very reasonable. Its in Salthill.

Perplexed said:
I thought it should be easier in Galway now with so many new hotels. Are they just too expensive ?

Foxylady, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Crookhaven.....it's owned by a friend of mine !

Now I understand why I don't even have spare floor space during race week. Every couch & blow up mattress is put to good use with all the relations !

I have stayed there twice and always recommend it to anyone looking for a b& b in galway as its superb location and Margaret is very Nice.

try gulliver.ie I've found some good places there if self catering is your thing there's a place in Sea Rd I've stayed in before not too bad and very close to town about 2 mins walk to Jurys Inn/Quay St

Rowan House, Tuam Road. You can see the Ballybrit main stand from there. Phone 091 757128

Try Griffin Lodge - 3 Father Griffin Place, Galway, Ireland - check it out on trip advisor. Stayed there a few times - 5 mins from city centre, nice fry in the mornings - quiet cul de sac too 353 91 589440

is the student accommodation and is very reasonable and a nice stroll along the river.

Back