AXA Rescue Plus

Blarney

Hi,
I am insured with AXA and have cover for AXA Rescue Plus. Up until now I have had AA rescue but I am wondering how they both compare as I probably dont need both. Is the AXA one good countrywide or how have people found them?

Thanks

I'm not too sure about Axa but i've mine with Allianz and unfortunatly had to make use of it on Christmas eve,

My car broke down at about 5.15pm,rang the helpline and they had a tow truck and hire car organised for me within an hour, a brilliant service.

As far as I know you have to have the highest level of cover with AA for them to get you a replacment car, Other than that they will just tow to a garage,Irish towing services kept mine till the garage opened on 2nd Jan.

The hire car was only for 2 days but took it at my own expense till my car was fixed.

I was cautious about cancelling my AA cover but why pay €200 for something I can get 'free' on my insurance policy

Do you know did all garages stay closed untill Jan 2nd,? (my opel garage did and left me without a car).

As far as I know, Yes the service depts were closed until the 5th, the sales were opened on the 29th/30th Dec, They took my car in on the 2nd but didn't have anyone to work on it until the 5th.(this was Landrover)

Allianz organised my car hire through Enterprise.

TBH if my car was still in warrenty like yours (mine is 05) I would have hired a car myself and sent Opel the bill

I have motor rescue with AXA and find it brilliant. Have used it loads of times (10 year old car and tendency to leave the light on). They are prompt and polite on the whole and I would definitely recommend them.