Aviva says lowest car Insurance quote available is €280.

IsleOfMan

My wife got her car insurance renewal from Aviva for €280. I rang them as we were not given a further discount for having another car and house insurance with them. I was told that €280 is the lowest premium that you can get.

Anyone else get a lower quote for car insurance from Aviva or anyone else?

The last time I got a quote from Aviva (online), it was 280, with an amount (like a negative discount) that brought it up to that figure. So it looked like it was the lowest.
Not much good to you since yours is renewed, but I kept adding options until it brought it up to the 280, e.g. reduced excess, legal expenses etc.

Yes, a lot of insurers are subject to minimum quote. 280 seems to be it.
I've had a small negative amount added to bring it to that with Aviva.

If you look at their website you will see there is a minimum premium of €280 on all car policys

I only wish mine was that low, that's a great price! How on earth do you get it so low? I have small newish car, driving forever with clear record and I haven't had it that low in years.

How on earth do you get it so low?
10 year old astra, 1.4l petrol. 5+ years no claims, no penalty points. Discount for another Aviva policy.
Wife as a named driver, and has her own car.

Key: not in Dublin.

Mine actually went up to 300 when I added my brother as named driver.

Not in Dublin either. Mine is 2 yrs old (but previously had much older 1.4) 1 litre, no claims/points etc. Don't have another Aviva policy though and no one to add on either :( Must try them when renewal comes around. Mine was around 430 I think and I shopped around!

Both our cars are with Aviva as well as the house insurance and live in Dublin
We've both fully comp with full NCB and no points
131 Juke Nismo €330
07 1.5 Qashqai €317

.... and no one to add on either :(

I'm not sure if there is anything against adding A.N. Other as a named driver on your policy given that she is an experienced relative of yours with access to her own transport, no endorsements and who will never drive your vehicle but may, in fact, reduce your premium?

Mrs Cervelo just received her quote today
Quote is for the minimum €280 but when we work it out it's actually €250.36

Got my renewal Aviva quote this week...€320. Last year I got quote as a new customer of €307. This is despite the fact that other car insurance companies were giving back €40 or gift cards during the pandemic. Aviva gave nothing. When I rang them during the year they told me that they would not be giving out refunds but would give a very competitive quote on renewal. So I have now been rewarded with a higher renewal quote.....so much for their competitive quote on renewal.

I went online as a new customer and got a quote of €280. So don't automatically renew.

I'm with Aviva, they have my house as well. In Dublin, Volvo v40 1.5 circa the 420 euro mark for COMP. Full NCB, no points. I always shop around. I did get free travel cover with Chubb BTW, so made a saving of around 40 Euro for this.

It sort of makes a mockery of the claims of high insurance.

I'm driving 34 years and never had insurance as low as it is now (€365 with limited business use)

Above examples also show that prices are very competitive to safe drivers.

Sorry Peemac,

But I don't think it's anything like that clear cut.

I know of plenty of people with motor insurance, across a number of well know insurance companies, who have good NCBs, do price around every year, but have seen their premium go up. I'm just one of them!

Back