Irish Life Health Aviva Health Insurance Claims - how far back?

ebowdia

Hi there,
I have just rounded up medical receipts from the last few years to submit them to Aviva and have just had a nasty shock reading the T&C's that state that all receipts must be submitted within 3 months of the policy ending, EACH YEAR.

My policy is due to end this week, but my receipts go back a couple of years :-(

I have now realised that this is standard policy with Aviva/VHI etc but have also heard that on occasion that the insurer will not apply this rule and accept older receipts - has anyone had this experience with Aviva specifically? And if so, how old were the receipts?

Thanks..........

Aside from how you fair with your insurer dont forget to claim back each of the last 4 years using revenue's MED1..

S.

Will claim on Med1 for sure - thanks for the reminder!

I'll still send in all receipts first though to Aviva and see what happens.

Surely someone must have experience of this?

I don't think anyone would be prepared to hang on a few years to get money back.

They all say 3 months but sometimes they pay. If it is a lot they probably won't.

Well as a point of note, I had a serious incident at the end of 2010 and I haven't submitted a claim yet. The hospital bills have been paid, but my broker has told me to submit the claim when I'm ready.

People say "claim" but in essence its reimbursement of doctors costs - if you have that cover.

Back