AVG Free wont update...

ngwrbc

Hi All, would anyone have an idea why AVG Free wont update? I'm using 3 broadband, and when I click on update it says access to server denied. My internet connection works fine other than trying to update AVG.
Have been getting this error for a month now, it used to work fine but once the error started I deleted and reinstalled AVG and its never worked since.
If no easy solution can anyone recommend another free antivirus?
Cheers

I had a similar problem a few years ago updating AVG when I returned from holidays. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but eventually gave up on it. I have been using Avast since and haven't had any problems with it. More freebes in here.

firewall ??

Tried to download AVAST, same problem, wont connect to server but yet still internet running fine, have ran spybot S&D and also Ad-Aware and also the out of date AVG edition I have and there's nothing showing up on laptop, i'm confused.com now!!

You used to be able to download the updates seperately and install them from a local location.

Maybe ask on boards has anyone on 3 have the same problem. My first quess would be to look at your firewall.