Average Gas Bill

shnaek

I've done a bit of a search here and I can't find any other posts on this. I was just wondering what the average gas bill is for others here. I recently moved into a 2 bed apt and my first bill (for 2 months) was €196. It seems excessive to me. I know we have had a cold month, but I don't over-use the heating. It is set for an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the evening. There is a modern gas fire in the sitting room which I use from time to time. How does this compare with others here?

when we moved into our 3 bed semi detached house our first gas bill was 315 euro i was always putting the fire on. after that bill i didnt use the gas fire and just used the radiators our bill came in yesterday at €155 which is half of the last one.

Have a 3-bed apt which I heat in exactly the same way. 1 hr in the morning, and 2hrs in the evening, with the thermostat just under 19c. (20c is the recommended level I believe).

My bill was €112 for last period. I don't have a gas fire, so it looks like that might be the difference.

I still believe mine is too high for me, so will be messing around with settings a little more.

from €160 -€180 per 2 months.(winter)
It's an old 2 bedroom house (bad insulation I assume)
Gas cooker (we cook everyday)
No Gas fire.
Gas central heating -old boiler (1-2 hr morning and 2-3 hours evening)

There's no gas cooker in our place, and the thermostat is up around 25C. It is looking like the fire makes the difference though. I think I'll put it on tonight and go look at the meter!

4 Bed Semi D - 1600 sq feet - gas cooker and heat - average bill for last two years €81 per month

I was shocked to get my bill last month - €145 for a 2 bed corpo house, & the meter reading was taken, so not an estimate. I was living on my own so turned heaters off in unused rooms, and heating was on for probably 3-4 hours every night. No gas fire or cooking, and I thought it was a mild winter. A couple of years back my bi-monthly bills were about €90 during the winter months.

If the polluter pays principle is put into practice, the fixed charges should be kept as low as possible, only the price per unit of gas should be increased.

I have the old-style rads, maybe the ones with grills are more energy-efficient ?

wow past30now my mam lives in a 3 bed semi detached her gas bill has been estimated and the bills were not to bad and this month they got a correct meter reading and her bill was over €500 this month.

I am always going to input my meter reading every two months so i keep on top of the payments rather than getting a high bill like my mam

the thermostat is up around 25C

25c is much too high - you should aim to keep it around 20-21c - see [broken link removed] from SEI. Apparently turning your thermostat down 1c can result in heating savings of 10%.

My last gas bill was €190 for a 4bed semi D in a very wind area!!! We have an electric cooker and only use the heating for about 4 hours in the evening weekdays and a bit longer during the weekends. I have tried keeping the thermostat down to about 20c but its a new house and the bloody thing is frezzing at that temp so had to turn it up to around 30/35c and have it higher rather than the heating being on all day with little difference being made!Dreading the next bill due this month!!!

I share with two others and our gas bill is crazy. 225 euro in the last period, more before that (3 bed detached, timberframe, quite cosy naturally). I try to be careful with it but I find my house mates tend to switch it on a lot. Also I can't seem to find a thermostat anywhere in the house!

Have you all got draft excluders around the door in your sitting room and a strip with brushes at the end of the sitting room door to keep the heat in.Also to new house owners some gas fires are now flu-less ie no chimney, the gases escape through 2 vents on the front wall of the sitting room, i changed these vents to adjustable vents , i open them whe the gas fire is used (almost never) and keep them closed or only slightly open when normal rads are on.
Gas bill for 4 bed semi was 125 new house timber frame.
I have 2 spare bedroom rads off upstairs.
I ve had my thermostat set at 25 down stairs must change it to 20 as from advice in the other posts.

Our meter is only read 3 months of the year so the other 3 bills are estimated. This week we received the bill that was read from the meter €170.00, most months when estimated it comes to €80.00 - so not too bad!

Back