Average cost of 255 sq ft extension

bizz1

Hi,
We have just put down a booking deposit (FTBuyers) on a corporation house in Drimnagh that requires modernisation. We are hoping to build a new kitchen extension in to the back garden however we are not too sure of the cost.

I would appreciate any advise / pointers with respect to the costing of an 255 sq ft extension.

If anyone has recently build a similar size extension any tips based on your experience would also be very gratefully received (including feedback on any good builders used)

Many Thanks
bizz1

I guess you mean an EX corporation house ? Look, the reality about it is buy buy buy and the get planning and build build build ! seems to be the way in EX corporation estates.

One number that I've seen quoted in a number of places for house extensions is Eur 2,500 per square metre. This would include all building and project management costs. In your case that would amount to approx Eur 60,000.

That said, if you were to do any of the building work yourself, or if you managed the project yourself and employed direct labour you could reduce this significantly.

Also, if the extension is less than 40 square meters, and leaves more than 25 square meters of space in the rear garden, you shouldn't need to get planning permission.

bizz1 said:
Hi,
We have just put down a booking deposit (FTBuyers) on a corporation house in Drimnagh that requires modernisation. We are hoping to build a new kitchen extension in to the back garden however we are not too sure of the cost.

I would appreciate any advise / pointers with respect to the costing of an 255 sq ft extension.

If anyone has recently build a similar size extension any tips based on your experience would also be very gratefully received (including feedback on any good builders used)

Many Thanks
bizz1

IF ur looking for a quote on the 255sq extension i could give you one, the 60,000 figure i saw in the thread for your page in quite high and if its straight forward should cost 40-45,000 or less id have to see
contact mroboyle161@yahoo.co.uk if you need a quote

Back