avensis verso mpv

june

i'm still looking for an mpv and I have found an avensis verso that i like. It is a diesel 2 litre engine. it also comes in petrol but i would imagine that would be very thirsty. funny thing is that the avensis verso is discontinued and can only be bought 02 to 05. should i worry about that? what would the diesel be like ? can't get specs from toyota website as it is discontinued.
any advice as always would be much appreciated

If you like it go for it.

The diesel is the better engine by far.

my sis has the 2.0 litre petrol and its her 2nd one. She loves it but says its a bit thirsty alright, but can't fault the car for anything. She would have bought the diesel if she could afford it at the time.

I think they stopped production on it in '05 as they planned to bring out a new MPV pitched between the Avensis Verso and the Previa, called the 'Verso', but it was shelved.

many thanks for that info. Think i could go for this one. can't find any bad reviews

You can of course still buy the Corolla Verso and I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the, hence why the Avensis version was discontinued.

You can of course still buy the Corolla Verso and I don't think there is a huge amount of difference between the, hence why the Avensis version was discontinued.
my sis had the Corolla Verso and upgraded to the Avensis Verso for the space. Really depends on how many kids you have and their requirements

Does anyone know would this have a 5 star safety rating from ncap?
I don't see it tested on their list on the website euroncap.com in the section how safe is your car. other toyotas seem to have 5 stars. Surely it does??

Avensis Verso 2.0l petrol will average about 32mpg, the diesel, about 43mpg.

Take a look at the Citroen C4 Picasso.It doesn't have the same name as Toyota but offers much more.It has a five star ncap also and should be priced considerably less than Toyota.

But remember to compare like with like. I'd guess the Citroen would be closer to the Corolla Verso than the Avensis Verso. The Avensis is closer in size to the C8, being a full size MPV.

Take a look at the Citroen C4 Picasso.It doesn't have the same name as Toyota but offers much more.It has a five star ncap also and should be priced considerably less than Toyota.

Are you stark raving mad?

Citroens like most French cars will break your heart, and wallet too.

The new VW Touran for 2007 is a much nicer and better car than the current one, plus it comes well spec'd in the base model
Stay away from those Frenchies...they're not gonna last the distance with kids jumping around inside them

thanks for all the opinions. I did actually buy an avensis verso and I'm very happy with it so far. 2l engine has loads of power. very spacious too. It is a great family car