Avensis - keys

Mopsy

Just wondering if anybody could enlighten me. Keys as well as spare for Avensis - takes a few seconds to put into ignition starter. Is it a battery problem in the keys? or are we talking about taking it to a Toyota Dealer and doing some BIG job etc. etc.

Thanks

can u expand on "a few seconds to put into ignition starter" ??

Is it that
- the key is simply hard to put in/ or
- it takes a few seconds for the starter to kick in after u turn the key?

If its the latter, not a big job to change a small part just inside the ignition, other people may know better but I think it was a wearing part on avensis (old model) I know of three that went, 2 of which I changed just a matter of unscrewing the relevant plastic covers.
Of course I could have totally misinterpreted ur problem :eek:

Yep, agree with Pator I had the latter problem with mine. Mechanic said it was a standard problem, basically if was not starting just shake the key so to speak when try to start and see if the if it starts. If so you just need to get a part changed in the ignition.

Other than that it could be battery related e.g. alternator not charging correctly or not working 100%, so definitely a mechanic or car electrician required then.

Thanks for the replies.

Just a little difficult to put the key in. Car starts then, no problem. Is there a battery in these keys? Could that be the problem? Once the key is in, no other problems.

Thanks

Back